#MEET Automatic Cocoa Bean Separating Machine
This is a short interview we conducted withAjith Mathew Thakidiyil, the creator of Automatic Cocoa Bean Separating Machine. If you like this project and would like to vote for it, click here.
1. Please, tell us a bit about yourself: where are you from and what is your background?
I am Ajith Mathew and I am from India. I am a Mechanical Engineer and I have completed my studies in the year from Viswajyothi College Of Engineering and Technology, Vazhakulam, Kerala, India in 2017.
2. Can you describe your idea or project in two sentences?
My project is Automatic Cocoa Bean Separating Machine. This machine is used to separate cocoa beans from cocoa fruit automatically.
3. How did you get your idea or concept?
I am living in a place where cocoa cultivation is widely spread. We get about 200 to 300 Kg of cocoa beans per week. Cocoa cutting and separation is a strenuous task and it takes about 10 to 12 hours for cocoa cutting and separation. Also, it requires 2 to 3 labors for doing this process. Also, there are chances of injuries to the hands during cocoa cutting and separation. So in order to avoid these problems, I invented this machine.
4. What is unique about your idea/project and how does it benefit mankind?
Till now there is no such machine to separate cocoa beans from cocoa fruit. By using this machine the farmer can reduce the time and labor cost. Also, less electricity is only required.
5. Describe yourself as an entrepreneur in one sentence
Can take initiative and work independently or as part of a team. Sincere and optimistic. Dedication towards work.
6. How do you deal with people that doubt your abilities/initiatives?
Do more than is required. Think as a team member, not as an employee. Speak up and share my ideas. Consider every opportunity. Always be prepared. Be self-promotional.
7. Where does your passion lie?
My passion is to invent new machines which are helpful in the agricultural field.
8. What are you afraid of or what keeps you up at night?
I am not afraid of anything. If there is faith in God, there is no need to be afraid of anything in this world.
9. According to you, money is a synonym for.....
10. What are the benefits you take from the Entrepreneurship Campus?
The benefits I got from the campus are, I came to understand "who is an entrepreneur, and what are the ways to become a successful entrepreneur", from the online campus training.
11. What do you like more about the Entrepreneurship Campus?
The way the competition is conducting is very excellent. It gives chances to all participants to know one another and to know about their ideas and projects. By voting and commenting, the participants can improve their ideas.
12. Which idea/project do you like most?
I like almost all ideas and projects. I mostly like my project, ie Automatic Cocoa Bean Separating Machine.
NOTICE: If you want to see more submitted ideas and projects at the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition, visit BEST IDEAS and BEST PROJECTS and VOTE for the ones you think deserve to WIN the Competition!